Monday, March 3, 2014

SQL Server : String or Binary Data Would be Truncated. The Statement has been Terminated

String or Binary Data Would be Truncated. The Statement has been Terminated


Here I will happy to explain how to solve the issue of “string or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.” in SQL server. 

On one day I am trying to insert data into table using SQL querie at that time
I got error like “String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.” Actually this issue because of I declared column datatype varchar(50) but I am inserting data more than 50 characters in that column. To solve this problem I modified column datatype varchar(50) to varchar(100) 


Here I will explain with one example I have query like this for insert new record in database  


DECLARE @personalDetails TABLE(Id INT, UserName VARCHAR(20),Designation VARCHAR(10))
INSERT INTO @personalDetails (Id,UserName,Designation)
VALUES(1,'vibhav bhavsar','Software Engineer')
SELECT * FROM @personalDetails  

 


 If you mark above query I have declared Designation field with VARCHAR(10)
and inserting more than 10 characters into user table so that I got error like




To solve this issue changed Designation datatype size VARCHAR(10) to VARCHAR(50) and run the below query 


DECLARE @personalDetails TABLE(Id INT, UserName VARCHAR(20),Designation VARCHAR(50))
INSERT INTO @personalDetails (Id,UserName,Designation)
VALUES(1,'vibhav bhavsar','Software Engineer')
SELECT * FROM @personalDetails  

 


- Thank You
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment